OXYGEN ABSORBER -300CC- 10 PACK
What Are Oxygen Absorbers?
There are many types of Oxygen Absorbers available to cover a wide array of applications. The components of an Oxygen Absorber vary greatly, depending on what it is being used for, the water activity of the product being preserved, and many other factors. For most products, an admixture of iron powder, sodium and activated carbon (charcoal) has proven quite effective. Iron powder is the primary component, while sodium acts as an activator, causing the iron particles to rust, effectively reducing the oxygen level in the surrounding atmosphere to approximately 0.01% when used properly. Activated carbon acts as a gas absorbent, further preserving products and removing unsavory odors.While Oxygen Absorbers are not edible, they are not toxic. No harmful gases are created and the oxygen does not remove the fresh smell and taste of the product.
Function and Use
What Do Oxygen Absorbers Do?
Oxygen Absorber Packets remove oxygen from airtight containers to below 0.01%, according to Food Industry standards, when used as directed. Upon exposure to air, iron in the packet immediately absorbs oxygen and breaks it down into harmless iron-oxide which is safely contained in the packet and does not contaminate the food.
- Coffee and tea
- Nuts and candies
- Pasta and noodles
- Whole fat dry foods
- Flour and grain items
- Birdseed and pet food
- Spices and seasonings
- Dried fruits and vegetable
- Pharmaceuticals and vitamins
- Artwork and book preservation
- Medical diagnostic kits and devices
What Are The Benefits Of Using Oxygen Absorbers?
- Extends shelf life
- Extends life of pharmaceuticals
- Prevents oxidation of vitamins A, C and E
- Helps retain fresh-roasted flavor of coffee and nuts
- Significantly improves keeping qualities of polyunsaturated fats and oils
- Prevents growth of aerobic pathogens and spoilage organisms, including molds
- Prevents oxidation of spice oleoresins present in spices themselves and in seasoned foods
- Eliminates the need for additives such as BHA, BHT, sulfur dioxide, sorbates, benzoates, etc.
- Use with gas flushing vacuum packaging to absorb virtually all oxygen and absorb any oxygen that may permeate the package.